Thursday, June 16, 2011

busy weekend and bible school

Last weekend was a busy one. Brandon took off Friday and he and Gwen spent the day together while I worked. When I got home we drove out to Clinton lake and had dinner with my parents and some friends. Gwen had so much fun playing.
At the camp ground
Saturday afternoon, Brandon, Gwen and I drove back out to the lake to spend the day on the boat. This was the first time this summer. Gwen was a little unsure about the boat ride but Uncle Chase was going pretty fast. She was such a trooper. We spent the rest of the time parked in the cove and swam. Gwen was pretty freaked out by the water, after sitting with me on a raft, she realized it was pretty fun. Then Brandon took her and they swam a little. It was a great, tiring day.
Daddy and Gwen gettin' some sun

Having a great time swimming

   My boat baby

Sunday, we spent the day with Grandpa Mike. We grilled out, made homemade ice cream and spent lots of time outdoors.
Petting Grandpa's baby kitten

Daddy caught a fish

walking to the pond




This week has been vacation bible school at our church, 8:30-11. I am leading the preschool class of 3-4 year olds. Gwendalyn has also been going. Since I have a class I haven't taken any pictures of her. Gwen spent Monday and Tuesday in the nursery, she had a lot of fun. Wednesday, she spent half the time there and the other half roaming around. My mom is doing a class and Gigi is in charge of snacks so Gwen just made her rounds. Today was a rough day. The nursery teacher took her to the classroom and within 10 minutes they brought her back, we tried this 2 or 3 times, finally she spent the rest of the morning with my class. I think she has teeth coming in because she was off all day. Tomorrow is the last day and I am glad, it has been fun but I forgot how much energy 10 three and four year olds are. Tomorrow night we have a little program. Gwen loves watching the kids sing their songs. I will have to take pictures and post them later.

1 comment: