Wednesday, August 10, 2011

County Fair

Last week was the county fair. I have never paid much attention to the fair but now with G, I'm always looking for free activities. So, my sister and I packed up our children and headed to the fair grounds.

Most of time, I see myself in G but the other times I'm not sure who she belongs to (actually those time I totally see her father, but I hate to admit it) :) Taking her to the fair was one of the time I asked myself where this child came from. She was in heaven!! Her face was priceless as we went from barn to barn, she couldn't get enough of the animals. The only way she would leave one animal was in search for another. She "baa-ed" or "moo-ed" at everything and went around shouting the names of each animal. She loves animals of all kinds. My heart melted at her happiness.

But.....this is such the opposite of me. I do not have a love for animals. I like them, sort of. I'm kind to animals but have no deep connection like my mom and sister. I would be fine with never having a pet. We do have pets and I love them and take care of them but do not have the same love that my husband and daughter have for them. I also have no desire for country living. I love living in the middle of our (small) town. I love people and love to be on the go. B would love to live in the middle of nowhere with a small farm but I couldn't imagine. I want the grocery store seconds away and neighbors close enough to have conversations over the fence (and no big animals such as cow, pigs or horses near.)

Back to the fair. B felt so left out that we went without him, him and I took G back on Saturday. We had a great time. We decide to make it a big treat and eat dinner there. We had grease fair food for dinner and it was delicous!! We fed the animals at the petting zoo, walked around the carnival and listened to some live music. We had a great time!

I loved watching my baby's face light up at each animal we saw. Maybe there is some compromising in our future :)


G and Daddy petting the camel

Feeding the goats

Baby zebra

Aunty and G

This is how D felt about the fair



No comments:

Post a Comment